Job description: Adult Day Program Driver
Hope Christian Services serves more than 110 individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Founded in the spirit of Christian love, the residential facility opened in December 1972. Hope Christian Services currently operates 13 facilities in Bergen and Passaic Counties and is seeking qualified candidates for the Adult Day Program Driver role. As the Driver, you will transport the residents to and from the adult day program daily. You will also assist with any day community trips as needed.
- Transport residents to and from day program in a timely manner
- Assist residents as they get in and out of the vehicles
- Operate lifts and secure tie downs to wheelchairs
- Cooperate with HCS or the Department of Human Services in any inspection or investigation
Respect residents’ dignity and communicate in a caring manner
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- At least one year working with individuals with developmental disabilities
- High School diploma or GED
- Must read, write and speak English.
- Valid NJ drivers’ license in good standing (no probationary licenses).
- Must meet background check requirements
Full-time and Part-time
- Dental/Vision insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Hope Christian Services is a mandatory Covid19 vaccination facility and requires every member to be vaccinated against Covid19. If offered a position with us, you will have the opportunity to get vaccinated or apply for religious or medical exemption.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wyckoff, NJ: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Day Shift