Job Description: Day Program Instructor Aide
Hope Christian Services serves more than 110 individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Founded in the spirit of Christian love, the residential facility opened in December 1972. Hope Christian Services currently operates 13 facilities in Bergen and Passaic Counties and is seeking qualified candidates for the day program Instructor Aide role. As the Instructor Aide, you will assist the instructor in planning and facilitating activities for the residents within the day program.
- Assist in personal hygiene, toileting, and at breakfast as assigned
- Take residents on community outings and assist as needed
- Document progress for residents on a daily basis though Therap
- Communicate concerns of residents with inter-disciplinary team as needed
- High School diploma or GED
- Must read, write and speak English
- Valid NJ drivers’ license in good standing (no probationary licenses).
- Must meet background check requirements
- One or more years working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred
- 8-hour shift
- Dental/Vision insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Program
Hope Christian Services is a mandatory Covid19 vaccination facility and requires every member to be vaccinated against Covid19. If offered a position with us, you will have the opportunity to get vaccinated or apply for religious or medical exemption.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wyckoff, NJ 07481: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)