Full-Time and Part-Time Direct Support Professional positions available (1st, 2nd and 3rd Shift with $1,000 sign on bonus)!
Hope Christian Services serves more than 110 individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Founded in the spirit of Christian love, the residential facility opened in December 1972. Hope Christian Services currently operates 13 facilities in Bergen and Passaic Counties and is seeking qualified candidates for the Direct Support Professional role. As the DSP, you will assist residents in all areas of daily living. Encourage appropriate and independent behavior for group home residents through group outings, daily living skills, and supportive counseling.
- Assist residents with bathing, dressing, and feedings in accordance with mealtime guidelines
- Administer medication to residents as needed
- Maintain resident equipment and personal care items
- Complete daily records as assigned
- Transport or accompany residents on outings or to medical appointments
- Respond to emergency situations as trained
- Cooperate with Hope Christian Services’ inspections or investigations
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School diploma or GED
- Must read, write and speak English.
- Valid NJ drivers’ license in good standing (no probationary licenses).
- Must meet background check requirements
Special Note: *$1,000 sign on bonus*
- Full-time and Part-time
- Dental/Vision insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Program
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Hope Christian Services is a mandatory Covid19 vaccination facility and requires every member to be vaccinated against Covid19. If offered a position with us, you will have the opportunity to get vaccinated or apply for religious or medical exemption.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wyckoff, NJ: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Day Shift
- Night Shift
- Overnight Shift