The Recruiter is responsible for achieving staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates for all departments.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
- Work Experience: 3+ years of professional work experience preferably in recruiting or HR.
- Equipment Utilization: Telephone, Typewriter, computer, customized software, copiers, fax machine, postage meter and calculator.
- Physical Demands: Must be able to sit for long periods of time and work with many interruptions.
- Special Skills/Licenses: Valid driver’s license in State of New Jersey, and a good driving record. Phone skills, recruiting and interviewing skills, people skills, results driven and professionalism. Must be able to manage full cycle recruiting.
- Training: ECCR required orientation and in-services.
- Communication Skills: Must read, write and speak English. Excellent verbal and written skills to effectively communicate with staff, managers, and applicants.
- Must submit to a background check.
- Must agree to have their name checked against the Central Registry of Offenders Against Individuals with Developmental Disabilities.
Human Resources Recruiter – Job Description
Responsibility to Staff
- Ensure candidates have a complete understanding and realistic picture of job responsibilities Compensation, training and schedule Requirements.
- Communicate important employment information during the hiring process.
- Develop and maintain an excellent relationship with all staff to ensure achievement of staffing goals.
- Review and clarify job specifications, competencies and skills required.
- Post-employment opportunities in-house and on web site. Provide for internal promotions.
- Communicate with supervisors regarding staffing needs.
- Manage internal transfer process including needed screening, coordination of interview with hiring manager.
- Maintain confidentiality of issues pertaining to recruiting.
- Build applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies and internet sites.
- Attend job fairs and coordinate open houses and seek career events to maximize recruiting efforts