- RN (Required)
Full Job Description
HCS is a mandatory Covid19 vaccination facility and requires every member of its workforce to be vaccinated against Covid19. If offered a position with us, you will have the opportunity to get vaccinated or apply for religious or medical exemption.
· 1-2 years of medical-surgical or with developmentally disabled population preferred.
· Equipment Utilization: Use of sphygmomanometer, oximeter, glucometer, thermometer, stethoscope, durable medical equipment, nebulizer and AED machine; catheterize, place/replace G-tube and administered medications and feedings via G-tube; administer oxygen treatment and suction.
· Physical Demands: Ability to lift at least 35 pounds independently. Ability to administer CPR. Ability to stand for long periods of time.
· Special Skills/Licenses: Current RN license in the state of New Jersey.
· Training: Required HCS Orientation and Inservices, CPR and AED machine, and Therap Electronic Health Records.
· Communication Skills: Read, write and speak English. Communication with nurses, DLA, other disciplines, departments, families, allied health professionals, and visitors. Written documentation of all observations, medications and treatments. Knowledge of basic computer skills for data entry.
· Administer medications as prescribed and PRN
· Document medication administration and medication effects.
· Administer treatments as prescribed and PRN
· Assess health status of residents; identify health problems/change in status
· Report health problems/change in status to Resident Care Coordinator, Director of Health Services, or MD as indicated.
· Initiate preventative or corrective treatment to health problem.
· Maintain accurate health records including nurses notes, nursing care plans, seizure reports, etc.
· Administer First Aid and treatment as indicated.
Communicate status of residents to family and/or guardian’
- One location
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- RN (Required)
Work Location: One location